Call for Board Members
Are you interested in sexual health and youth wellbeing?
Are you pro-choice?
Do you have 6-10 hours to volunteer each month?
Planned Parenthood Toronto (PPT) is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and wellbeing of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking dynamic, committed, bright, community-oriented individuals to join the Board of Directors. The time commitment involved is approximately 6 -10 hours per month, with in-person meetings typically held in the evening on the third Thursday of the month.
If you have any of the following qualities, we are looking for you:
- A desire to learn more about policy-oriented Boards.
- Familiarity of, or affiliation with LGBTQ2S communities and issues.
- Familiarity or affiliation with BIPOC communities and issues.
- Commitment to equity, youth-positivity, sex-positivity and pro-choice philosophy in your work or life.
- Experience or knowledge of sexual and reproductive rights.
- Experience or interest in fundraising, finance, digital media, public policy and/or health sector governance.
To ensure that our recruitment practices reflect the people, needs and desires of Toronto’s diverse communities, PPT is committed to the principles of equity and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds to consider applying. PPT is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, let us know and we will gladly work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for a position on our Board, please submit a statement of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 pm on April 10, 2019. Within the content of your statement of interest please include answers to the following questions:
- How does your knowledge, expertise, education and/or work experience prepare you for a position on the Board of Planned Parenthood Toronto?
- As a Board member, how will you contribute to making Planned Parenthood Toronto a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization?
For more information, please call 416-961-0113 ext. 135 or email email@example.com
Planned Parenthood Toronto is a pro-choice community health centre that advances and advocates for the sexual health, health, and wellbeing of youth.
Planned Parenthood Toronto is committed to being an agency that values and reflects the diverse communities of Toronto. We recognize that:
- Equity is different from equality.
- Equity is access to inclusive, high quality, programming and services that respect your choices.
- Equity is ensuring that community input informs what we do and guides us to take action for social change that benefits you.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note: Employees of PPT cannot be members of the Board of Directors. A non-Board volunteer (which includes a program volunteer, student, or resident) who leaves their volunteer role must wait for a period of one year before applying to become a Board member. A staff member who resigns their position must wait for a period of one year before applying to become a Board member.