Director of Community Health Services
JOB TITLE: Director Community Health Services
SALARY (hourly rate or starting salary): $ 85,865
FTE STATUS: 1 (37.5hrs/week)
DURATION OF POSITION: Permanent
Planned Parenthood Toronto is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and well being of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking a Director of Community Health Services.
• Manages all clinical and clinical administrative functions of PPT’s Community Health Services and Mobile Health Services as well as co-manages our satellite site EdgeWest.
• Ensures that the care provided meets a quality consistent with PPT’s belief that services must be client-centered, non-judgmental, pro-choice, and youth positive.
• Provides leadership, support, supervision and performance management to a large interdisciplinary team of administrative support, clinicians, therapists and coordinators
• Participates and/or intervenes in complex or escalated issues regarding clients or members of the public
• Participates in the development and implementation of agency-wide objectives, policies, and procedures as a member of the management team. This includes taking a lead role in ensuring that strategic and operating goals are met.
• Leads quality improvement initiatives and provides reporting as necessary
• Responds to societal trends, client needs, and issues through the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical services related to primary, mental, sexual and reproductive health care within a youth co-design and community development framework.
• Oversees the overall systems of information and ensuring data integrity as they pertain to service delivery and program evaluation.
• Maintains collaborative relationships with community partners through participation in committees, networks, professional coalitions etc.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
• Master’s degree in health or public administration, or equivalent experience with minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar management position OR 5-7 years of progressive responsibility and experience with 4 years in senior management role in a clinical setting.
• Commitment to pro-choice philosophy
• Demonstrated commitment to equity goals and principles, sexual and reproductive rights and to being youth positive, 2SLGBTQ+ positive and sex positive
• Demonstrated management and leadership abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to an anti-oppressive framework
• Experience working in a clinical service environment and familiarity with various primary care models.
• Human resources experience with strong coaching and supervisory skills.
• Knowledge and proficiency in creative health service design, development, short- and long-term service delivery planning and evaluation.
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Experience in budget development and management.
• Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records
• Commitment to working from a community development perspective
• Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
• Familiarity with PHIPPA requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment
• Experience with accreditation process an asset
Please forward letter of interest and resume by 12pm, Friday, December 6, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee (Director, Health Services)
Planned Parenthood Toronto
36B Prince Arthur Avenue
Toronto, ON M5R 1A9
Fax: (416) 961-2512
PPT is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and to building an organization that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from members of Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities; Two-Spirit, non-binary, trans, lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people; disabled people; youth; and members of other equity seeking groups.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PPT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates selected for an interview and for all aspects for the selection process. If an applicant or a successful candidate requests an accommodation, we will discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them. We regret to inform that PPT is not a wheelchair accessible space.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Criminal Record Check.