let’s talk about accessibility
At PPT we believe healthcare and information should be equally accessible to everyone. We’re committed to meeting the needs of young people with disabilities and to meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We’re working to prevent and remove all unnecessary barriers to accessibility for our clients, staff, volunteers, program participants, and visitors. PPT has taken a number of steps to improve access for people with disabilities, and are committed to continuing this effort. Since 2016, we’ve coordinated an Accessibility Working Group to generate ideas to improve our services and programming.
Please see PPT’s Multi-year Accessibility Plan.
to meet the needs of clients with disabilities, we offer:
• ASL interpretation for clinical appointments can be booked at email@example.com
• ASL interpretation is always available at our yearly AGM. No request required.
• Pocket amplifier available onsite for clients. The amplifier can also be booked for offsite programs.
• Weighted blankets are available for clients in the clinic.
• Written information and other forms of communication will be made accessible upon request.
Unfortunately, due to the age of our building, we are not able to be fully wheelchair accessible. We have three exam rooms and a client washroom that are wheelchair accessible. They are located on the ground level which can be accessed through a wheelchair-accessible side door from our connecting alley. We are happy to make arrangements for you to access the side door and be seen in one of these exam rooms. Please note that we do not have transfer boards or lifts in our exam rooms.
To book a mobility accessible appointment at PPT, please email firstname.lastname@example.org